Ganesh Himal Charity Trek - Frequently Asked Questions:
- Is there a max/minimum age?
If you are under 18 or over 70 please contact us.
- What is the max/minimum group sizes?
The max is 12 and the minimim is 8.
- Do I need travel insurance?
Travel insurance is compulsory. Your insurance plan will need to include full medical cover, emergency evacuation and emergency repatriation. You also need to be covered for trip cancelation. We recommend protection for other issues including, but not limited to, flight cancelations or delays, loss of luggage and personal effects, and theft. Adventure Out Loud are authorised to sell NIB & CoverMore insurance (in Australia) and will provide you with a quote once you register.
A moderate level of physical fitness is required for this multi day trek. You will be carrying up to 5kgs (12lbs) in your daypack. We will hike for about 3 to 5 hours a day with plenty of breaks and photo opportunities. We will reach altitudes of up to 2,200m (7200ft) as the trails pass through local villages, forests and terraced fields on varied terrain. We follow undulating local paths, stone steps and dirt roads. We recommend preparing yourself by taking weekend day hikes in your area and becoming accustomed to your boots and backpack. This is a hiking adventure for most levels including beginners. Please contact us if you’re unsure if it is suitable for you.
- Will you provide a porter bag for my lodge/campsite gear?
Yes we will provide a 60L duffel bag.
- How much weight can I bring for my porter?
Our porters will carry a max of 15kg (35lbs) of guest weight. This does not include your sleep bag and down jacket.
- What happens if I need to leave the trip part way through?
Our ground and HQ team will do everything we can to get you safely to where you need to be, assist with medi vacs, transport and observation in hospital and hotel. We will help with any flight booking to get you safely home. We cannot provide any refund of your trip cost once the tour has begun.
- What temperatures can I expect?
Depending on the season it is possible to have between 0C to 30C (32F to 90F). Usually we will be hiking in temperatures of between 15C to 25C (60F to 80F)
- Whats the distances like each day?
We can expect to cover between 5 to 10km (3 to 6 miles) each day.
- What are the toilet facilities like on the trek?
We will be using toilet tents on the trek. We provide all toilet paper and hand sanitiser.
- What are the room arrangements?
Rooming is twin share when in Kathmandu and Pokhara Hotels unless a single supplement is paid. While on trek tents will be either single or twin share.
- Is the drinking water safe?
We recommend treating all water on our trips. Purification methods will be provided.
- Can I hire a sleeping bag/down jacket/hiking poles?
Yes you can. Hire costs (approx):
- Sleeping bags: US$50
- Down jackets: US$30 - $50
- Hiking poles: US$10
- Can I bring my own sleeping bag and down jacket?
Yes you can. Your sleeping bag must be rated to -15C (5F) for Ganesh Himal Expeditons.
- Do you provide sleep sheets for sleeping bags?
Yes we provide a cotton sleep sheet.
- Can you help arrange accommodation/tours outside of the trip?
Yes we can. Just email us.
- What is Active Hearts Foundation and how is my trip benifiting the children of Nepal?
The Active Hearts Foundation is a non-profit non-governmental organisation founded by Dan Keys. Its mission is to provide positive education and health outcomes for the children of rural Nepal. A percentage of your trip cost will be donated to their efforts. Please watch the Active Hearts Documentary to learn more:
If you have other questions, please call or email us.